Institution: University Of Toronto
Degree Level: Bachelors Degree
Awarding Country: Canada
Application Deadline: 29 November every year
Course Starts: Every September
Brief Description Of Scholarship:
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is a scholarship that is intended for students from other countries other than Canada who have proven to be exceptional when it comes to academic performance and have been recognized as leaders in their former schools. One of the main criteria in selection is checking if the student really had a positive impact on their former school and community.
University Of Toronto Canada
Level/Field of study:
Undergraduate program (Bachelors degree) and the University of Toronto, Canada
Number Of Awards:
Every year this scholarship is awarded to 37 international students who merit it and these students are called Lester B. Pearson Scholars
To be eligible for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship you must be an international student from out of Canada and also international students studying at Canadian high schools.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship covers the student’s tuition, books, incidental fees, and full accommodation support for a period of 4 years.
To be eligible for the Lester B. Pearson scholarship, you have to fulfill the following conditions:
- you must be an international student (Meaning you must be a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- You must be in your final year of secondary school or you must have graduated no earlier than June before the application date every year
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2020 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2020 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
To become a Lester B. Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school in order to apply for Bachelors’s studies at the University of Toronto. In order to apply, you need to fulfill the following:
- You have to be nominated by your school: (High schools that have not been verified to nominate students can ask for nomination rights here)
- You have to apply to study at the University of Toronto and make sure to complete your application for admissions before all the application deadlines.
- Once you have been nominated by your high school and the university has received your nomination, and also you have applied to the university, you can then apply for the Lester B Pearson Scholarship Online.
The nomination deadline is in November every year. The Student admission deadline is usually December. It is always recommended to apply before the 7th of November every year. For More information on the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship, you visit their official page for more information